Break Free From Depression That is Overshadowing your Life
Counselling can help you turn a depressed and foggy mind into a clear one…
Because the experience of depression varies so much from person to person, therapy for someone who is depressed also changes to suit the client. Well Beings Counselling Center specializes in counseling for depression across Metro Vancouver, and we take pride in offering unique treatment tailored to you as an individual.
We will work together to examine the ways your thinking, feelings, and behaviours are influencing and reinforcing your moods, and identify things that you can do that may help you feel better. Since there is no one-size-fits-all depression treatment we will utilize a variety of therapies to find what fits. Depression can develop from other mental health disorders or from a change in seasons, or even chronic conditions.
How Do I Know If I Have Depression?
People with depression report:
- You’re unhappy and discouraged about your life.
- You frequently “beat yourself up”. You’re your own worst critic.
- You feel tired and unmotivated; at times helpless and even hopeless.
- It’s difficult to concentrate. You have trouble making decisions.
- Your thinking is foggy. You feel “blah”.
- You want to have a better life, but you just don’t have the energy to do so.
- No one truly understands how difficult life is for you.
CBT Treatments For Depression May Include:
- Assessment and re-evaluation of problematic ways of thinking.
- CBT is based on the concept that your thoughts, feelings, physical sensations and actions are interconnected, and that negative thoughts and feelings can trap you in a vicious cycle. CBT aims to help you deal with overwhelming problems in a more positive way by breaking them down into smaller parts.
- We aim to break this cycle by approaching these problems differently, by engaging in different behaviours, this will create a new cycle.
- We will do this by collaborating on realistic goals that will promote success rather than failure.
It can feel overwhelming dealing with depression. Our therapists will work with you to identify and understand the thoughts, beliefs, and actions that trigger your anxiety and then teach you how to cope with it.