You may be feeling like there is a long journey ahead to feeling better. The good news is that CBT approaches are both short term and focused on making you your own counsellor. Our goal is to help you get there.
Psychological Disorders Treated:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
CBT is a useful tool for:
- Managing symptoms of mental illness
- Learning techniques for coping with stressful life situations
- Identifying ways to manage emotions
- Resolving relationship conflicts and learn better ways to communicate
- Coping with grief or loss
- Overcoming emotional trauma related to abuse or violence
- And many more…
Treatment focuses directly on client’s symptoms and on enhancing commitment to one’s values. Individual therapy programs are collaboratively developed during initial assessment sessions. Our programs are flexible and portable. We help clients face anxiety where it is experienced, whether it is at home, in an airplane, or at a street corner. This makes it easier for clients to practice skills between sessions, a fundamental component of CBT. It is the combination of science, creativity, and emphasis on consistent practice of skills that makes CBT so effective.
How Does It Work
1. Schedule your 15-Minute Call
Because of the value I place on the importance of a good therapeutic fit, I encourage you to contact me to set up your complementary 15-minute consultation before a first counselling appointment.
2. We’ll send you an intake form
We’ll send your email/phone a link to sign up to our portal, which will allow you to fill out an intake form, so we can get to working together quickly.
3. Begin your first counselling session
In the first session, we collaborate on gathering information about your history current concerns, and goals for counselling. It is important that you experience our conversation as one in which you are heard, respected, and accepted without judgment.